Dietary Specialist (#1164)
|Salary Range:||$12.03 to $18.20|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is now accepting applications for a Part Time Dietary Specialist. |
This position offers 10 hours a week.
Flexibility in scheduling is essential and applicants must have the ability to work varied weekday & weekend shifts between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
The Dietary department provides meals for patients, visitors and employees. We currently have five Dietary Specialists and a Dietary Manager.
The Dietary Specialist is familiar with all aspects of the Dietary department operations. The Specialist is responsible for learning and performing multiple food service functions including: preparing and serving nutritious meals to our patients, visitors and staff; cashiering, maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The Dietary Specialist must be aware of and adhere to special patient dietary restrictions and county Health Department regulations. The Dietary Specialist demonstrates excellence in customer service during interactions with employees, managers/supervisors, physicians, patients and patient family members, etc.
|Duties:||Primary responsibilities include:|
• Preparing nutritious meals that are palatable and presentable for service to patients, employees and guests
• Monitoring food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines such as those for special diets are followed.
• Cleaning and sterilizing dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and facilities.
• Examining trays to ensure that they contain required items including eating utensils, napkins, and condiments.
• Placing food servings on plates and trays according to orders or instructions.
• Retrieving dirty dishes from dining area or patient care areas for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
• Monitor food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
• Informing manager in a timely manner when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
• Proper and safe use of dietary equipment including the use of necessary Personal Protective Equipment
• Maintaining an organized, orderly work station
• Assisting with inventory control to meet demand including unloading freight and stocking
• Collaborating with teammates to accomplish daily tasks and willing to assist when needed
• Assisting with the planning and preparation of requests for special meals and/or events
• Stocking and cleaning dining room and condiment areas
• Adhering to Washington State Department of Health Requirements
• Washing, drying and folding of dietary linens as needed
• Continually seeking avenues to provide enhanced customer service and achieve greater efficiency within the department
• Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||• Prepares food/meals using correct technique according to department standards and receipts, ensuring that proper procedures are followed, and that meals are palatable and presentable for service to patients, employees and guests. |
• Assist with the planning and preparation of requests for special meals and/or events.
• Places food servings on plates/bowls and trays for employees and general customers, according to orders, or requests.
• Distributes food to patients ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines for special diets are followed.
• Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items, including: eating utensils, napkins, and condiments.
• May perform cashiering function in the cafeteria to process sales for employees and the public.
• Retrieves dirty dishes/utensils for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
• Cleans and sterilizes dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and kitchen/dining room facilities.
• Stocks kitchen and dining room area with condiment supplies, napkins and other paper goods, as needed.
• Washes, drys and folds dietary linens for reuse as needed.
• Informs manager in a timely manner when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
• Assist with inventory control to meet demand, including unloading freight and stocking kitchen supplies.
• Ensures proper and safe use of dietary equipment, including the use of necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Practices appropriate safety precautions to avoid cuts, burns or other types of injury.
• Maintains a clean, safe, organized and orderly work station/area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.