Surgery Housekeeping Tech (#1103)
|Salary Range:||$11.76 to $17.79|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is now accepting applications for a Casual Surgery Housekeeping Tech. |
This position provides back-up coverage for current staff during vacations, leaves, and other time off, and does not offer any guarantee of hours per week. Hours are dependent on departmental need. Flexibility in scheduling is essential and applicants must have the ability to work varied days and shifts.
The Surgery Housekeeping Tech is responsible for the timely and precise cleaning of operating rooms and surgical equipment between cases while focusing on the prevention of the spread of infection. The Tech carefully follows surgical cleaning standards and procedures, and works with great attention to detail to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for the safety of our patients and staff. The Tech is a valued member of the healthcare team and works collaboratively with colleagues and departments throughout the organization to provide optimal outcomes for our patients.
The surgery housekeeping tech is also responsible to back up the central service technician in times of high volumes, absences and vacations. This includes cross-training with the central service tech in instrument cleaning and sterilization, set up, use and storage of surgical supplies and stocking supplies in various areas of the hospital.
|Duties:||• Cleans surgical suites between cases according to department policy / procedure|
• Performs terminal cleans on rooms daily following surgery or as needed
• Sterilizes surgical equipment
• Provides general housekeeping services to department including the cleaning of the clinic exam rooms and office spaces
• Observes and adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and infection control standards
Secondary Functions (but not limited to):
• May provide back-up coverage for Central Sterile Supply
|Qualifications:||Minimum Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications):|
Education / Licensure:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• BLS required (within 60 days of hire)
• One year experience in housekeeping or environmental services within a healthcare setting required
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of infection prevention practices and healthcare cleaning standards
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians and the community
• Must be able to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
• Excellent time management skills
• Keen attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
• Experience with using everyday tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet) as well as ability to effectively utilize an electronic medical record
• Ability to promote the delivery of exceptional customer service to both internal (patients and staff) and external customers (visitors and vendors)
• Ability to work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict in a positive manner
• Adaptability is essential to manage the needs of a department with unpredictable volume and limited staff
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.