Administrative Assistant I (#1081)
|Salary Range:||$16.18 to $24.47 |
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is excited to announce a job opportunity for an Administrative Assistant for our brand new Wellness and Therapy Center. |
This position is part-time and offers one 10 hour day shift per week, M-F.
The Administrative Assistant is one who provides clerical support for the Wellness and Therapy Center at KVH. Primary responsibilities include: processing referrals, handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, facilitating work flow within the office, generating written reports, medical records management, confirming insurance coverage eligibility/authorization, and coordinating information with both internal and external contacts. The Administrative Assistant demonstrates excellence in customer service during interactions with patients, families and other customers, both in person and over the phone. The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with colleagues and departments throughout the KVH organization to provide optimal outcomes for our patients in a compassionate, professional, ethical and knowledgeable fashion. Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and organized work environment.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):|
• Answers telephone, takes messages and communicates information in a timely manner to appropriate departments and staff; calls patients to confirm or change appointments or admission schedules, etc.
• Greets public, responds to questions/needs, directs/escorts to hospital/clinic, etc.
• Provides clerical and office assistance for the department, as needed, including: distributing mail, organizing statistical data, QA reports/documentation, chart reviews, survey material/information, managing physician orders, processing patient referrals, faxing/scanning documents, maintains forms/ office equipment and supplies.
• Assists with the day-to-day office administration including, but not limited to: the preparation of correspondence, reports, records, summaries, intake and discharge paperwork, tracking monthly billing charges, documentation/summary reports, certification forms (within five (5) days of patient admission or recertification) and the maintenance of electronic medical record (EMR) and paper filing systems, sending daily patient census to Medical Records, etc. as needed or requested by Director.
• Coordinates and manages the schedule for the department Director as requested, as well as scheduling departmental meetings and agendas.
• Schedules patient visits; registers patient in EMR system; collects co-pay.
• Coordinates with other departments and healthcare providers to ensure timely care for the patient.
• Confirms eligibility/authorization of insurance benefits coverage prior to scheduling visit.
• Observes/adheres to all departmental and KVH policies and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and infection control standards; may interpret policy to employees and the public when appropriate and within limits of authority; assists department with maintaining compliance with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations.
• Reviews medical records for chart completion/appropriate documentation
• Documents and enters appropriate patient charges in computer system.
• Participates in efforts for continuous process improvement by evaluating processes and making recommendations for more efficient ways of conducting business.
• Follows release of information standards and complies with all HIPAA and confidentially regulations.
• Keeps well informed on the services provided by KVH and department.
• Orders supplies and rotates stock, managing inventory as appropriate.
• Maintains files and ensures records are filed correctly, ensures all forms are current, and makes copies of department/patient records as needed/required.
• Promotes a professional, friendly environment by maintaining a clean and organized office area.
• Attends various staff meetings and mandatory in-services as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Education / Licensure:|
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Knowledge/comprehension of basic medical terminology required.
• A minimum of two (2) years general office experience required
• One (1) year experience in health care required
• Requires exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to effectively problem-solve
• Ability to use good judgment and work independently
• Ability to achieve highest degree of efficiency by being creative and utilizing resources
• Must have keen attention to detail, follow oral and written instructions precisely, and maintain a high degree of accuracy; risk of error could result in significant financial loss or disruption in service.
• Work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict/differences in a positive manner.
• Work in a stressful/demanding environment and take appropriate action to assist with the delivery of quality patient care, ability to cope with both physical and emotional demands of the job.
• Maintain a calm and composed manner in emergency/stressful situations, taking appropriate action as necessary.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to anticipate tasks and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Experience with using everyday computer electronic tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet) as well as ability to effectively utilize/learn an electronic medical record (EMR) and CPSI computer software.
• Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel, and good typing ability.
• Adaptability is essential to manage the needs of a department with unpredictable census and limited staff resources.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.