Administrative Assistant I (#1082)
|Salary Range:||$16.18 to $24.47|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health Environment of Care (EOC) is looking for an energetic and encouraging person to fill our newly formed part time administrative assistant position. EOC covers the Housekeeping, Dietary, Maintenance and Emergency Preparedness Departments. This candidate will work directly for the Director of Safety to implement the compliance requirements, record keeping and efficiency goals of each EOC department. |
The EOC team is striving to make KVH the most beautiful and inviting facility in Klickitat County. Are you the team member we need to help achieve that goal?
The Administrative Assistant is one who provides clerical support for the Environment of Care (EOC) at KVH. The Administrative Assistant demonstrates excellence in customer service during interactions with contractors and other departments both in person and over the phone. The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with colleagues and departments throughout the KVH organization to provide optimal outcomes for our patients in a compassionate, professional, ethical and knowledgeable fashion. Primary responsibilities include: handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, facilitating work flow within the office, generating written reports, compliance paperwork management, and coordinating information with both internal and external contacts. Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and organized work environment.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):|
• Answers telephone, takes messages and communicates information in a timely manner to appropriate departments and staff.
• Greets public & contractors, responds to questions/needs, directs/escorts to hospital/clinic, etc.
• Provides clerical and office assistance for the departments, as needed, including: distributing mail, organizing statistical data, QA reports/documentation, Performance Improvement reviews, faxing/scanning documents, maintains forms/ office equipment and supplies.
• Assists with the day-to-day office administration including, but not limited to: the preparation of correspondence, reports, records, summaries, department billing paperwork, documentation/summary reports
• Coordinates and manages the schedule for the department Director as requested, as well as scheduling departmental meetings and agendas.
• Coordinates with other departments, contractors and government agencies.
• Observes/adheres to all departmental and KVH policies and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and infection control standards; may interpret policy to employees and the public when appropriate and within limits of authority; assists department with maintaining compliance with the rules and regulations of multiple agencies.
• Participates in efforts for continuous process improvement by evaluating processes and making recommendations for more efficient ways of conducting business.
• Follows release of information standards and complies with all HIPAA and confidentially regulations.
• Keeps well informed on the services provided by KVH and department.
• Orders supplies and rotates stock, managing inventory as appropriate.
• Maintains files and ensures records are filed correctly, ensures all forms are current, and makes copies of department records as needed/required. Works toward making paper systems paperless. Helps build and maintain paperless systems.
• Promotes a professional, friendly environment by maintaining a clean and organized office area.
• Attends various staff meetings and mandatory in-services as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Education / Licensure:|
• High school diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of two (2) years general office experience required
• Office administration in the construction/facilities industry a plus
• Requires exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to effectively problem-solve
• Ability to use good judgment and work independently
• Ability to achieve highest degree of efficiency by being creative and utilizing resources
• Must have keen attention to detail, follow oral and written instructions precisely, and maintain a high degree of accuracy; risk of error could result in significant financial loss or disruption in service.
• Work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict/differences in a positive manner.
• Work in a stressful/demanding environment and take appropriate action to assist with the delivery of a quality environment of care, ability to cope with both physical and emotional demands of the job.
• Maintain a calm and composed manner in emergency/stressful situations, taking appropriate action as necessary.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to anticipate tasks and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Experience with using everyday computer electronic tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet) as well as ability to effectively utilize/learn constantly changing computer software.
• Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Docs and good typing ability.
• Adaptability is essential to support the needs of multiple departments with limited staff resources.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.