Facilities Courier (#1013)
|Salary Range:||$11.00 to $15.96|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is in search of a friendly, customer service-oriented individual to work as a Facilities Courier for the Maintenance Department. The Facilities Courier assists in the transfer of patients, documents, packages and linens between established locations and ensures upkeep and cleanliness of the courier vehicle to include fuel and fluids (wiper fluid, oil, etc.).|
This position offers 8+ hours per week approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours per day Thursday, Friday and Saturday with the possibility of rotating days and additional hours on an as needed basis. This is a morning shift beginning at 9:45 a.m. and ending at approximately noon, but may vary.
|Duties:||• Use proper safety precautions when performing all work, both internally and externally.|
• Follow Infection Prevention procedures and ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used when performing work throughout the district as required.
• Assist in the transfer of patients as needed.
• Transport specimens, documents, packages, patients, etc.
• Maintains cleanliness and re-fueling of transport vehicle.
• Assist in transfer of laundry bins as needed.
• Participate in department Performance Improvement initiatives through the established District P.I. Plan.
• Assist with reports as needed.
• Ensure proper reporting, handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste.
• Courier items to assigned location as needed. Courier duties will include, but not limited to hauling linen tubs to and from courier vehicle to designated building locations, delivering lab specimens, x-ray films and other clinical and non-clinical items as needed.
• Ensure daily communications with Manager or designee regarding issues, challenges and concerns for patients, visitors, staff and equipment.
• Ensure safe equipment and vehicle operation, responsible to maintain equipment in good working order and be familiar with safe operating procedures for all KVH equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||- High school diploma or GED required|
- Must be 21 years or older
- Basic computer knowledge
- Experience using basic office equipment
- Must pass a WSP background check
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's License