Registered Nurse (#996)
|Salary Range:||$25.78 to $44.42|
|Benefits:||Eligible for Full Time Benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Acute Care team of Klickitat Valley Health, located in Goldendale, WA, is now seeking a compassionate, self-motivated nurse to join their team on the day shift for three 12-hour shifts per week. (0700-1900).|
The Acute Care department consists of both acute inpatient beds and swing beds. Candidates should have at least two years of nursing experience in an acute care setting. Shifts may rotate to fit the needs of the hospital.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cohesively within a team are essential. Applicants must have strong assessment and critical thinking skills, and the ability to multi-task during times of high stress / activity. The nurse should recognize and treat each patient as an individual with unique needs and values.
This position is eligible for the full-time benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, generous Paid Time Off and Retirement contribution.
|Duties:||• Supports the mission, vision and values of the organization.|
• Demonstrates knowledge of the statutes and regulations governing nursing and nursing functions within the legal boundaries of Registered Nurse Practice Act.
• Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients including pediatric, geriatric, and the general patient population.
• Initiates or contributes to the plan of care and discharge plan for all patients admitted, identifying priorities within the plan and setting realistic and measurable goals.
• Evaluates overall plan of care daily, monitors patient progress, and identifies any changes in status, able to revise plan of care as indicated by patient’s response to treatment to insure patient comfort and safety.
• Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
• Formulates teaching plan for patients and families based upon identified learning needs.
• Adequately assesses and reassesses pain, utilizing appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
• Delivers and documents patient care as prescribed by the medical provider considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age and within the scope of practice of the Registered Nurse, including: bathing, feeding, taking vitals, administering therapies and treatment, starting/maintaining/discontinuing IV lines for food, medication, blood and blood products; observing the patient and recording those observations, answering patient questions, etc.
• Uses sound nursing judgment to identify and communicate changes in the patient’s condition to the charge nurse and/or provider in a timely manner consistent with delivery of quality care.
• Communicates nursing interventions and responses to care to other members of the health care team.
• Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition. Follows KVH policy on medication administration to avoid med errors or interactions.
• Assists physicians with procedures and performs care and services requiring technical and manual skills.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors, is accountable and responsible for each specific patient assigned.
• Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
• Works collaboratively with other nursing / hospital staff, delegating tasks as necessary; may assist Charge Nurse in the supervision of LPN, CNA and Unit Secretary.
• Follows hospital policy when labeling, handling and disposing of biohazardous materials.
• Performs new nursing techniques or procedures after successful demonstration of competencies.
• Floats to other departments as needed.
• Comply with all hospital policy and procedures, while upholding the high expectations of KVH.
• Attends a minimum of 50% of nursing staffing meetings and 100% of mandatory in-services.
• Completes initial and annual skills competencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Current Washington RN license, or the ability to obtain, BLS, ACLS and PALS required.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.