Surgical Scrub Tech (#994)
|Salary Range:||$17.82-$26.95 (Certified Surg Tech); $16.92-25.59 (LPN); $25.78-$44.42 (RN) $|
|Benefits:||Eligible for benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is a small, critical access hospital located in beautiful Goldendale, WA. We are now seeking a motivated scrub tech to join our fantastic OR team. The Surgical Services department is growing with the addition of our new surgeon. Candidates should be self-motivated and eager to help build the surgery practice at KVH. |
This position is 32 hours per week with a M-TH schedule. This position may require call, this is coordinated with the surgeon and OR crew.
|Duties:||The Scrub Tech is responsible to provide the patient considerate and respectful care in the operating room (OR). The tech is responsible for the preparation of the necessary sterile instruments, supplies and equipment; maintaining the sterile field during the surgical procedure; handling a variety of equipment requiring manual dexterity and efficiency and preparing the operating room for surgical procedures; anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team. The Scrub Tech demonstrates excellence in customer service during interactions with employees, managers/supervisors, physicians, patients and patient family members, etc. The Scrub Tech is aware of the potential exposure to internal and external hazardous materials, including but not limited to: blood and blood borne pathogens, infectious/communicable diseases, potential physical injury while caring for patients. Maintains a safe and clean environment for the care of the patient. |
|Qualifications:||Minimum Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications):|
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program preferred.
• Certification through the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST) preferred.
• Current Surgical Technologist, RN or LPN licensure through Washington State required
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required.
• One year perioperative service experience required.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development to provide care and service according to the identified age specific needs of patients served in the hospital surgical department.
• Requires critical thinking skills, ability to make good decisions, listen and accept advice from others, demonstrate maturity and good judgement and the ability to work with regular supervision.
• Demonstrate a through working knowledge of surgical interventions/procedures, Aseptic techniques, instrumentation and sterilization process.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the function, set-up, use, storage location of: surgical supplies, instruments, speciality trays, electronic equipment, etc. and is responsible for troubleshooting operational problems of surgical equipment.
• Perform various sensory requirements such as: vision, speech, smell, touch, manual dexterity, fine motor skills and hearing in order to assess and treat the patient accurately.
• Promote/develop/deliver excellent customer service to both internal (patients and staff) and external customers (visitors and vendors).
• Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians, volunteers and the community.
• Work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict/differences in a positive manner.
• Work in a stressful, fast-paced/demanding environment and take appropriate action to ensure quality of patient care, ability to cope with both physical and emotional demands of the job.
• Maintain a calm and composed manner in emergency/stressful situations, taking appropriate action as necessary.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, risk of error could result in significant harm or loss.
• Experience with using everyday computer electronic technology tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet) as well as ability to effectively utilize an electronic medical record (EMR), as well as use/handle all medical equipment/instruments utilized in the care of the patient.
• Adaptability is essential to manage the needs of a department with unpredictable volume and limited staff.