Dietary Specialist (#895)
|Salary Range:||$11.68 to $17.67|
|Description:||Klickitat Valley Health is now accepting applications for a Casual Dietary Specialist to provide back-up coverage for the department during high volume days, vacations, leaves, sick calls and other vacancies. The department consists of five Dietary Specialists and a Dietary Manager. |
The Dietary Specialist is one who is familiar with the food service industry, customer service and food safety guidelines. The Specialist carries out the daily responsibilities with an emphasis on teamwork and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service. The Specialist is responsible for learning and performing multiple food service functions including preparing and serving nutritious meals to our patients, visitors and staff. The Specialist must be aware of and adhere to special patient dietary restrictions and Department of Health regulations.
This position is does not offer any guarantee of hours per week. Hours are dependent on departmental need. Flexibility in scheduling is essential and applicants must have the ability to work varied weekday shifts between 6:00am and 6:00pm and rotating weekend shifts between 6:00am to 6:00pm.
|Duties:||Duties: Primary responsibilities include:|
• Preparing nutritious meals that are palatable and presentable for service to patients, employees and guests
• Monitoring food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines such as those for special diets are followed.
• Cleaning and sterilizing dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and facilities.
• Examining trays to ensure that they contain required items including eating utensils, napkins, and condiments.
• Placing food servings on plates and trays according to orders or instructions.
• Retrieving dirty dishes from dining area or patient care areas for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
• Monitor food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
• Informing manager in a timely manner when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
• Proper and safe use of dietary equipment including the use of necessary Personal Protective Equipment
• Maintaining an organized, orderly work station
• Assisting with inventory control to meet demand including unloading freight and stocking
• Collaborating with teammates to accomplish daily tasks and willing to assist when needed
• Assisting with the planning and preparation of requests for special meals and/or events
• Stocking and cleaning dining room and condiment areas
• Adhering to Washington State Department of Health Requirements
• Washing, drying and folding of dietary linens as needed
• Continually seeking avenues to provide enhanced customer service and achieve greater efficiency within the department
• Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||Qualifications: Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements of the job description:|
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work in a busy, high activity environment and take appropriate action
• Experience with using everyday tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet)
• Ability to promote the delivery of exceptional customer service to both internal (Patients and staff) and external customers (Visitors and vendors)
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict in a positive manner
• High School Graduate or equivalent: Able to read and write and perform basic math skills as it relates to preparing recipes, cleaning chemical ratios and inventory, in English
• Current Food Handler's Certificate/Card for Klickitat County or ability to acquire within 15 days of hire
• Six months food service experience within a healthcare facility preferred
• Experience working with the public in a service-oriented environment also preferred
• Must be able to stand or walk for the majority of an 8-hour shift; lift, carry, push & pull at least 25lbs